Sunday, January 17, 2016

Week Two Complete!

Week two was not as hardcore as week 1 because we had my lovely mother in law visiting. I was still running but I wasn't doing workouts in between run days and I wasn't quite as careful about what I ate. I was still careful and stayed in budget almost all days but I made two batches of homemade ice cream (honey lavender and vanilla bean) and a cake for her birthday.

I weighed in at 141.8 at the two week mark. This is less progress than before but still very good progress. We have been watching a course on nutrition from The Great Courses and during the lesson on weight management she said to expect a lot of loss in the beginning and then a sharp slow down at week 2. But she also said if you just stick with it you will see gradual results.

Week 3 will be more serious. No cake, no ice cream and workouts will be back.

For my other resolution (finishing projects), last night I finished knitting a basket weave blanket I have been working on for about 10 years! I never thought I would finish this thing! One row took so long that I would work on 2 or 3 rows and then put it down for months. This resulted in getting lost in the pattern and not wanting to figure out where I left off. Once I discovered row counters this problem was solved and I would knit a little more often but it still took a long time. It's a cozy blanket and I am very glad to mark that project off of my list.

Weight loss for week 2: 3.4 lbs
Total weight loss thus far: 5.8 lbs

I am ahead of schedule. I only meant to be down 3 lbs by now. I better keep this up!

Today I am running 6 miles and cleaning a lot so it's a good start to an active and healthy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment